This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Tired of managing gas or expansion cables? A battery powered leaf blowers may be your best option.
If you are a home owner as well as seeking a leaf blower, there is a likelihood of a cordless design will fit the costs. They are practical, great for the atmosphere and also as qualified as gas or electric powered models … specifically now with lithium-ion batteries.
There are dozens of different blower brands as well as versions on the marketplace, and also the procedure of determining which one is right for you can be frustrating. I have structured this procedure for you by giving comprehensive research study for the marketplace’s best cordless leaf blowers.
Table Of Contents
- Our Top Cordless Leaf Blowers:
- Cordless Leaf Blower Reviews
- Just how I rated The Blowers
- Benefits over Gas and Electric Models
- What To Look For In a Top Rated Model
- Environmental Impact
- Difference Between Cheap and Expensive Models
- Top Rated Brands
- Just how much Should I Expect To Pay?
- Frequently asked question’s
Our Top Cordless Leaf Blowers:
- DEWALT DCBL720P1 : # 1 Choice for lots of people
- GreenWorks 24322 : Good if you are likewise trying to find a leaf vacuum
- Makita XBU02PT1 : Longest lasting out of all the designs evaluated
- Kobalt KHB 400B-06 : Great mid degree blower for those wanting to save some money
- Husqvarna 230iB : Slightly less noisy to keep the neighbors satisfied
- WORX WG 545.1: Best for consisted of attachments
- BLACK+DECKER LSW221 : Best budget design
Cordless Leaf Blower Reviews
1) DEWALT DCBL720P1 XR Brushless Leaf Blower
- 400 CFM 90 Miles per hour Axial fan is VERY effective
- Has a speed lock and variable rate control trigger for overall individual control
- Consists of a 5.0Ah 20V Max lithium-ion battery plus charger
- The battery drains as well promptly when top speed is made use of
The DEWALT DCBL720P1 lithium-ion XR brushless blower has an innovative axial fan layout to make the most of air result and also run time, creating 400 CFM of air-volume at 90 MPH. Its light-weight (7.1 extra pounds), portable design is ergonomically built to optimize control while decreasing stress and anxiety on your arms.
The 20V lithium-ion battery produces a sound rating of 61 dB(A) making it ideal for noise-restricted communities or residential or commercial properties. Part of the 20V MAX line of tools, a dead battery can be swapped promptly with one more power device from the very same line, saving you time waiting on the empty battery to charge.
This cordless maker has a super-sensitive speed control, a large blower tube, and a stand.
I possess this version and also consider it to be the best battery-operated leaf blower for the majority of house owners.
2) GreenWorks 24322 Cordless Blower
- Brushless electric motor supplies outstanding power (185 MPH)
- Variable speed control dial– including a turbo button– is terrific for multiple applications
- Comfortable ergonomic design
- Vacuum cleaner does not function well with wet leaves
- Battery life can be much longer
The GreenWorks 24322 is a light-weight (5.6 extra pounds) 40V battery-powered leaf blower as well as vacuum that utilizes brushless motor modern technology, providing air volume at 340 CFM and 185 MPH wind rates.
One of the terrific attributes of the G-Max 24322 is its electric motor. This corresponds to a longer run time on a solitary battery fee, as well as more mulching before you require recharging the battery– important attributes in a cordless leaf blower. A solitary cost will certainly enable individuals to gather approximately 4.5 bags full of leaves as well as particles.
A push-button begin makes it very easy to switch on. The variable rate control dial and also turbo button deliver on-demand power, allowing you to promptly adapt to varying conditions in your lawn. Matted fallen leaves are not a problem with this battery-powered workhorse.
The integrated security turn on the blower gate kills the blower if the gate accidentally opens during use, to stop the individual from obtaining hurt.
3) Makita XBU02PT1 Cordless Leaf Blower
- Exceptionally effective (120 MPH 473 CFM)
- Includes extra 2 batteries for additional runtime
- Relatively silent– 61 DBA
- A lot more expensive than rivals
The Makita XBU02PT1 is an outstanding and also very effective blower from a reputable brand name. It is considered by some professionals to be the best lithium-ion cordless leaf blower available in the sector.
The BL ™ Brushless motor is just one of the top motors available, from a credible leader in power tools.
Unlike various other comparable models, the XBU02PT1 utilizes 2 batteries to power the electric motor versus one, including in the total bring weight making it one of the larger models. It includes 2 extra batteries to limit downtime but has a fairly fast battery fee time of regarding 45 minutes.
This cordless leaf blower only comes with a 1-year guarantee– for an item of this rate, I believe it needs to be longer.
4) Kobalt KHB 400B-06 Lithium-ion Cordless Leaf Blower
- 80V Max Battery offers lots of power
- Superb Warranty– 5 years
- Lengthy runtime– as much as 70 wins on the low setting
- When made use of on the max setup, the battery only lasts about 15 wins
- A couple of consumers stated the system was dead on arrival
Truthfully, I was pleasantly surprised by this item. In the past, I have always viewed Kobalt (Lowe’s house brand name) to be of reduced quality. I was wrong.
The high-velocity axial jet fan produces air volumes as much as 500-CFM going up to 125-MPH to quickly clear fallen leaves, yard cuttings, and also various other yard debris from your property. Geared up with 3 speed options and a variable rate trigger, you can raise or reduce air movement depending upon the task.
On the lowest power establishing anticipate a runtime near 70 minutes. 80V lithium-ion batteries recharge in 30 wins to reduce downtime.
This is a really premium product as well as one that property owners ought to strongly consider. It is lightweight, really powerful and also has an excellent service warranty. Undoubtedly, I extremely suggested it.
5) Husqvarna 230iB Cordless Blower
- Very efficient and powerful motor (83 MPH 290 CFM)
- Trusted brand name, known for commercial degree items
- Lightweight as well as simple to use
- Battery life seems to be brief contrasted to competitors
- The electric motor kicks down immediately when held at full throttle for extended time
The Husqvarna brand name is effectively known by lawn care pros largely for its line of gas powered versions. Yet the 230iB is an outstanding option for consumers trying to find a less-powerful, less-expensive, battery-powered leaf blower.
It integrates a brushless electric motor with a 40V battery to offer the power to develop air accelerate to 83MPH with a commendable 290CFM. The BLi-battery pack fits all Husqvarna outdoor makers, which permits you to swiftly switch the same battery between a weed trimmer, blower, as well as hedge leaner and maintain working.
The battery length does appear to be weaker vs its rivals. Also, it has a weird attribute that reduces the motor speed after about a minute of full-throttle use to assist preserve the battery– I’m not a follower of this attribute.
A side note– the battery will certainly not bill if it is hot or has just been made use of. So if you plan on using this version for an extensive time period, I would acquire an extra battery to maintain you working continually.
6) WORX WG 545.1 Cordless Leaf Blower Sweeper
- Features inflator nozzle, deflector cone, and also dirt brush
- Holds an excellent cost, reenergizes rapidly, and also can be saved with or without batteries
- Exceptionally light-weight
- Not very effective hefty obligation jobs
- Battery pack is hard to remove from both the unit and also the charger
The WORX WG 545.1 is a lightweight (4.1 pounds) ultra-fast version that comes with 8 various add-ons that provide leaf blowing, cleaning, dusting, sweeping, drying, and a lot more.
It has a 20 V MAX lithium-ion battery, producing air quantities that have an airspeed of 120 MPH as well as 80 CFM. A 3-year producer’s service warranty gives you with comfort must issues occur.
Excellent, simple to utilize and also hassle-free unit for daily cleaning jobs. The WG 545.1 is perfect for erasing patio areas, pathways, and decks.
7) BLACK+DECKER Battery Operated Blower
- Peaceful and also extremely simple to run
- Compact, easily constructed, light, as well as well balanced
- Blower only appears to work well on light dry material or on hard smooth surfaces
- Not ideal for larger jobs
The LSW221 is an ideal leaf blower if you require something for small tasks around your home. It is extremely reasonably priced but still gives you with suitable power outcome and a respectable runtime on a solitary battery charge. Plus it considers in under 4 pounds! That’s much less than a bag of sugar.
The 20V lithium-ion battery can produce speeds up to 130 MPH and belongs to Black as well as Decker’s 20V Max System so the batteries are compatible between your various tools. A reduced sound design means a quieter operating quantity than others.
This model won’t replace your gas powered blower or even a strong cordless model, yet if you just desire something light-weight and economical, the LSW221 is an excellent option. It could be the best battery powered leaf blowers from a cost to performance proportion.
Just how I rated The Blowers
I investigated as several versions and brand names that I can discover to come up with a checklist of cordless leaf blowers that I believe are the best to purchase right currently. The functions of each design reviewed were contrasted and contrasted.
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of each blower?
- Which version has a far better service warranty, is easier to utilize, and also extra functional?
- Exist any type of one-of-a-kind attributes that deserve to state?
- What are the details of battery-run time and also billing?
- Exactly how much does each cordless leaf blower price, and do its special attributes as well as performance necessitate its price?
Ideally, my analysis of each version will certainly be helpful in steering you toward purchasing the best cordless blower for you as well as your yard.
Cordless leaf blowers have various limited as well as extended guarantees. You ought to meticulously take into consideration these guarantees before buying a blower.
The brand names of the items I’ve evaluated are recognized to have excellent reliability ratings. Certainly, it’s nice to recognize that you have a solid guarantee as well simply in a situation you have concerns.
Just like most power devices, your leaf blower will feature a limited maker’s guarantee that covers flaws in the materials made use of to construct your blower of the workmanship on the item. Generally talking, these minimal guarantees do not cover included devices, any damages incurred because of your very own error, or what they take into consideration to be natural wear and tear via typical usage.
Many of the designs I recommend here contend the very least a 2-year guarantee that appears to be the sector average. There are a few with even longer service warranties and also one that are just covered for a single year. Some merchants or perhaps manufacturers might provide an extended 1-year warranty at an added price. Note, industrial usage will usually invalidate any of the service warranties.
Power (MPH CFM)
When it involves the air result of a leaf blower you consider both the miles per hr (MPH) and cubic feet per minute (CFM). These two specs describe just how much air comes out of the tools and just how powerfully it does so.
The MPH of a leaf blower is a procedure of just how quickly the air is pushed through the blower tube. For the most part the higher the MPH, the extra powerful the blower. A design with the ability of higher/faster MPH works when you’re relocating hefty or damp products however it isn’t the only element you should look at when buying choice.
CFM is the cubic feet measurement of just how much air volume the blower can press minute. The higher the CFM, the extra leaves, etc the blower can move. As an instance, a leaf blower with CFM of 450 can move 450 cubic feet of leaves in a min. The CFM pushing power determines the genuine power of the blower with its ability to press debris and neglects of the way.
You need a mix of MPH as well as CFM to get yard job done efficiently and promptly. The airspeed needs to be high enough to do greater than rustle leaves on the ground; the amount of air moving with the blower needs to be huge enough to move large quantities.
It’s likewise important to keep in mind that with cordless leaf blowers, even more power generally equates to less run time as the power drains pipes the battery quicker. This is something that is essential to remember.
Exactly how loud your blower is when in usage depends upon the kind of power it works on. Generally, gas powered blowers are the noisiest kind; battery-operated and electric motors are quieter. Despite the engine, the equipment will still make some noise, since the fan is pressing air at a high rate through a little opening.
There’s no rejecting the sound degrees of leaf blowers can get high, as well as it tends to draw criticism from individuals in close distance. Usually, noise levels for a cordless leaf blower normally range from 60 to 110 decibels. Among the downsides though is the noise they produce is different than the audio generated by other outdoor power devices such as lawnmowers or snowblowers.
A research study released in the Journal of Environmental and also Toxicological Studies looked at the characteristics of the audio parts and determined a greater quantity of low-frequency components allow the noise to travel longer distances and pass through building walls. This is why the sound is more of a problem to neighbors.
Sound from gas powered blowers can be so noisy and also unbearable to some individuals that they have been outlawed in 80+ cities across the country. These limitations are a major reason why lots of individuals are switching over to battery-powered blowers; they are likewise a lot more eco-friendly, which raises their popularity among environmentally mindful home owners.
When functioning with outdoor power equipment the weight of your power device is typically overlooked at the time of acquisition. Individuals instead concentrate on integrity and also power. Yet when you are lugging a leaf blower around for what may include up to be hrs of time, you may wish you ‘d have considered its weight a little more before making a purchasing choice.
Leaf blowers powered by a battery will be slightly heavier than corded choices, although they will weight less than versions powered by gasoline engines. This is one of the reasons they are preferred with home owners. They give an excellent amount of power without being connected to a cord or weighing a whole lot.
On standard, you can expect a cordless leaf blower to weigh someplace between 5 as well as 10 extra pounds.
If you’re in the marketplace for a cordless leaf blower it is critical you look at how much time it takes the batteries to charge when they have been totally drained. Let’s face it, there are really few things much more demotivating than being in the center of a job and having to totally quit for an hour or more to wait on the batteries to the bill.
Much better batteries will bill quicker, allowing you to obtain back to your task with less downtime, implying your yard looks excellent in a much shorter amount of time.
Battery Run Time
The general manufacturing effectiveness (OPE) of battery-powered tools is an essential consideration. OPE of a battery connects to just how well it bills, its capability, and also discharge losses. All which lead to for how long a battery can be used prior to it drains, or the runtime of your leaf blower on a single cost.
The longer the run time the much more you’ll have the ability to use it between fees. This is necessary if you do not desire to get added batteries or have a great deal of building to clear. A longer runtime indicates you won’t be spending as much time relaxing waiting on the battery to charge.
Brushless designs usually last longer and are a lot more effective than their combed electric motor counterparts. You’ll want to try to find a version with lithium-ion batteries as well as likewise examine the volts and Ah (amperes). Below is a great short article that clarifies the connection between A and power
Relieve of Use
In basic, a cordless leaf blower is very simple to make use of. You simply plug in the battery and you’re prepared to tackle your lawn job.
Unlike gas models, you don’t need to bother with blending gas and also oil, checking filters, and so on. Unlike corded versions, you do not have to worry concerning finding an expansion cable or checking where outlets lie on the outside of your house. Many of them likewise have very simple controls– on/off, power level, turbo as well as cruise control.
Note– not all models have those controls.
The key point is ensuring your battery is charged so your leaf blower prepares to go whenever you need it.
Benefits over Gas and Electric Models
There are a lot of cordless leaf blowers offered in the market, all proclaiming their certain toughness as well as high-end attributes. Particularly concentrating on the benefits that cordless leaf blowers supply compared to gas as well as electric designs.
Undoubtedly, I’ll agree that there are numerous excellent factors for you to buy a cordless leaf blower:
- A cordless blower is a favorite option of homeowners as well as professional landscapers who do not wish to be bound by needing to utilize a cable. Cordless leaf blowers are quickly mobile and can function anywhere, also if there are no electric outlets nearby.
- They are a lot more ecologically mindful alternative than gasoline-powered blowers. Likewise, without exhaust discharges, you can even utilize a cordless blower inside your garage with little danger of carbon monoxide exposure from the engine.
- You do not need to bother with purchasing fuel and oil, blending them to the correct proportion, or upkeep of a gas-powered engine. A lot of cordless blowers are maintenance-free reducing maintenance costs and the time you require to invest looking after your equipment.
- Cordless leaf blowers are extremely light-weight, generally inexpensive, and also are easy to use. This makes them a wonderful addition to your collection of exterior power tools, significantly boosting the effectiveness of backyard jobs.
- Last but not least, they are likewise much quieter than gas-powered blowers, decreasing threat of damages to your hearing as well as minimizing the noise disturbance to next-door neighbors. Although cordless blowers send out a lot less noise, it is still a good idea to use ear defense when operating
What To Look For In a Top Rated Model
A cordless battery-powered blower is an excellent selection for people that have little to medium-sized lawns and also are environmentally conscious.
Below are a few suggestions on what to look for in a battery-powered unit:
- Although gas blowers are a lot more effective, they produce exhausts as well as being exceptionally loud. Seek your battery-operated blower to be significantly quieter and additionally to be lighter in weight.
- Seek lithium-ion batteries that, when utilized consistently, will certainly last from 4-6 years, prior to you require to get a brand-new one. Several suppliers are now making one battery that can be used throughout their entire line of product.
- Your battery-powered leaf blower must be simple to maintain. All you must have to do is clear out the blower tube from time to time (along with billing the battery, obviously!).
- Modern technology is continuously enhancing as well as supplying much less pricey and much more powerful battery-powered blowers, so do your research.
Several research studies have actually demonstrated that gas-powered leaf blowers emit 26 times the carbon monoxide, 49 times the quantity of particulate issue, as well as 498 times as many hydrocarbons than 1 hr of operation of a regular car.
I do not recognize concerning you, yet I was shocked when I learned that.
Naturally, cordless blowers can stimulate whole lots of particulates airborne, which troubles allergy victims, asthmatics, children, and also the elderly. This particle issue can consist of pesticides, chemicals, animal feces, plant pollen, mold and mildew, as well as even lead in trace quantities. But that holds true with any kind of leaf blowers. Simply be thoughtful about where you blow the particles you are relocating.
Sound from gas leaf blowers can be so loud that they have been outlawed in 80+ cities nationwide. This is a significant reason many eco conscious individuals are switching to battery-powered blowers. Your machine will certainly still make some sound, brought on by air being pushed at high speed by a fan via a nozzle. The quantity of sound, however, is a lot less with cordless or corded electrical versions.
Difference Between Cheap and Expensive Models
When looking for an excellent cordless leaf blower, maintain an eye out for the differences in between inexpensive and also expensive versions.
Greater priced leaf blowers will certainly include more recent battery modern technology, making use of lithium-ion batteries. The enhanced batteries include in the cost yet supply numerous advantages over other choices.
Inexpensive leaf blowers may have nickel-cadmium batteries (NiCads) which aren’t as powerful and also do not last as long.
A few various other differences are:
- Much more costly systems will certainly be lighter so that you will certainly have less shoulder, wrist, and also hand exhaustion when you’re using it.
- The moment of time to reenergize the battery needs to be much shorter with extra pricey leaf blowers.
- Pricey systems will provide comfortable soft rubber deal with holds.
- A requirement for much more costly designs is that they will certainly produce greater air volume (CFM) and also airspeed (MPH).
- Cheaper models will typically have a higher decibel rating– Remember that a dB or 80 or over can be damaging to your hearing.
- More pricey devices need to feature much better supplier warranties
Top Rated Brands
- Sunlight Joe
Just how much Should I Expect To Pay?
When contrasting the cost of cordless leaf blowers there is less variation in cost than when you check out leaf blowers as a much bigger group. Cordless leaf blowers drop in the center of the leaf blowers on the whole, normally setting you back much less than gas-powered systems but more than corded choices.
The devices examined here range in cost from about $75 to $ 350, with an average price between $175 and also $ 250.
Frequently asked question’s
Q. Are cordless leaf blowers effective enough?
Yes, cordless leaf blowers are effective sufficient to tackle basic yard treatment demands for numerous homeowners. They aren’t as effective as the sturdy gas-powered backpack designs yet are appropriate for the ordinary property owner with a small to moderate-sized backyard and also an average quantity of leaves that require to be relocated.
Q. What is a great runtime?
A good runtime for a cordless leaf blower is much less than an hour, yet varies relying on the battery size. Most cordless blowers will certainly run in between 20 and also 40 minutes before requiring the battery charged with top-end designs boasting a runtime of 60 to 70 mins. A bigger battery corresponds to a longer runtime but also suggests a greater price tag and also a heavier piece of tools.
Q. How many years do the batteries last?
Just how numerous years the batteries last relies on the sort of battery in your cordless leaf blower. Lithium-ion as well as nickel-cadmium are the two typical rechargeable battery types in power tools. Lithium-ion batteries have a life expectancy of 2 to 3 years or a standard of 300 to 500 charges, whichever comes initially. Nickel-cadmium batteries can quickly last up to 1500 charge/discharge cycles if kept, offering usage for 15 years or more.
Q. Is a 40v leaf blower far better than a 20v?
A 40v leaf blower is much more effective than a 20v version, but this might not suggest that it’s much better. The far better leaf blower is the one most suitable for your backyard and the work it requires to do. The 40v leaf blower has more power as well as can relocate a lot more worldly and also particles. Nonetheless, this represents a boost in the weight of the equipment making them more difficult to utilize, particularly over long durations of time.
Q. What is a brushless motor?
A brushless motor is one of both kinds of motors most generally found in hand-held power tools. Compared to cleaned electric motors, a brushless motor improves the power of a cordless device while extending the working life. In cleaned electric motors carbon “brushes” are mounted on the fixed part of the electric motor to provide ideal transmission of power to the blades; brushless electric motors use magnets to create power. Brush electric motors are lighter, a lot smaller, are not vulnerable to getting too hot, and also have less maintenance troubles that combed motors.
After a thorough review of hundreds of versions, I have selected the DEWALT DCBL720P1 XR as the best cordless leaf blower on the marketplace for a lot of home owners.
The DEWALT is fairly priced, has a rate lock and also variable trigger control, as well as supplies airspeed approximately 90 MPH, and also 400 CFM. It flaunts an ingenious axial-fan design that takes full advantage of both runtime and air result.