This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Jumping on a trampoline is one of the best outdoor activities for kids and adults alike. But if your bouncing experience has been dampened by squeaks, you need to get the right grease.
In this article, we explore seven different greases that are great at preventing squeaking noises while also enhancing performance. We’ll look at factors to consider when choosing a product as well as how to apply it correctly.
Plus, we’ll answer any questions about why some trampolines become noisy and where those annoying sounds come from.
So don’t worry – with our guide, you’ll have everything covered!
Table Of Contents
- Key Takeaways
- 7 Best Trampoline Greases
- Factors to Consider When Choosing Trampoline Grease
- How to Apply Trampoline Grease
- Why Are Some Trampolines Noisy and How to Prevent It?
- Where Do Squeaky Trampoline Noises Come From?
- How Does Grease Work to Stop Trampoline Springs Squeaking?
- Trampoline grease is essential for preventing squeaks and maintaining performance.
- Choosing the right grease involves considering compatibility, longevity, and ease of application.
- Recommended grease options include Valvoline General Purpose Grease, Lubriplate Multi-Purpose Grease, Lucas Oil Grease, and WD-40 Heavy Duty Grease.
- Regular greasing and tensioning of spring connections and frame joints minimize trampoline noises.
7 Best Trampoline Greases
Looking to grease up your trampoline and eliminate those annoying squeaks? We’ve got the scoop on seven of the best trampoline greases that will keep your bounce smooth and quiet. The top options include Valvoline’s General Purpose Grease, Lubriplate Multi-Purpose high-performance grease, Lucas Oil’s waterproof, all-temperature formula, and WD-40’s Heavy Duty Grease for superior corrosion protection.
We’ll also fill you in on must-have accessories like protective spring covers and replacement springs so you can keep your trampoline in tip-top shape.
1. Valvoline General Purpose Grease Cartridge
View On Amazon
You’ll find that this lubricant provides adequate rust and corrosion protection across a range of automotive applications, though it may not offer the best value. It’s a basic NLGI No.2 lithium grease suitable for chassis, wheel bearings, and grease fittings.
While it doesn’t stand out, it gets the job done for routine lubrication needs. It spreads and adheres well and protects against seizing and wear.
- Good corrosion resistance
- Wide temperature range performance
- Easy application
- Good adhesiveness
- Not the best value
- Basic performance
- Other options offer better protection
2. Multi Purpose Grease Lubriplate
View On Amazon
Silence that squeaky garage door with Lubriplate’s calcium-based multi-purpose grease, temperature-rated for function even on the coldest nights. This heavy-duty NLGI 1.5 grade lubricant withstands temperatures from -60°F to 225°F thanks to its anhydrous formula.
The 10 oz squeeze tube enables easy application on chains, bearings, and garage door parts. Lubriplate multi-purpose grease excels at reducing friction and noise while improving garage door functionality in all seasons.
Long-lasting lubrication also helps prevent wear on moving metal parts. Customers report this trusted brand quiets noisy garage doors and screw drives with its calcium fortified formulation.
- Withstands a wide temperature range
- Reduces wear and friction
- Easy squeeze tube application
- Provides long-lasting lubrication
- Quiets noisy garage doors
- Not as versatile as lithium-based grease
- Requires reapplication over time
- Can be messy if overapplied
- May not resolve all garage door noise issues
3. Lucas Oil Grease 14 Ounce Green
View On Amazon
This all-temp stable grease is a top pick for high-bearing heat applications, although some find it stiffens when colder. With its virtually waterproof formula, this Lucas Oil grease exceeds OEM lube specs and lasts four times longer than regular greases.
The extreme pressure additives make it ideal for tough, high-speed jobs like wheel bearings. Customers report great high-temp performance but find it less effective below freezing.
- Withstands high heat
- Long-lasting lubrication
- Handles pressure well
- Can burst during shipping
- Stiffens in cold temperatures
4. Wd Forty Heavy Duty Grease
View On Amazon
Contrary to popular belief, WD-40 Heavy Duty grease performs in temps up to 650°F, providing marine-grade water resistance you can rely on when greasing your trampoline springs. This lithium-based grease gives outstanding lubrication under extreme pressures, with its high 600°F drop point allowing it to excel in the most demanding conditions.
- Withstands high temperatures up to 650°F
- Provides marine-grade water resistance
- Gives extreme pressure lubrication
- Prevents rust and corrosion
- Can be messy if over-applied
- May require reapplication every 6-12 months
- Not as long-lasting as some synthetic greases
5. Trampoline Spring Cover Safety Pad Waterproof Shock Absorbent
View On Amazon
You’ll keep your kids safer on the trampoline with that waterproof, shock-absorbing pad installed. Made by CALIDAKA, this durable pad surrounds the trampoline frame to cushion against bumps and reduce the risk of injury.
Installation is easy with the included straps, fitting round trampolines from 32 to 60 inches. While well-constructed overall, some users found sizing inconsistencies, with the 36-inch model not fitting their frame perfectly.
This quality safety accessory enhances trampoline fun by minimizing hazards.
- Durable and shock-absorbing
- Waterproof and easy to install
- Fits a range of trampoline sizes
- May not fit some 36-inch trampolines as expected
- Slight color variations possible
6. Skywalker Trampoline Springs Set of 12 With Spring Puller
View On Amazon
Have these Skywalker springs and puller ready for when your mat gets stretched out. Replace worn out springs with this quality set of 12 galvanized steel springs made specifically for Skywalker trampolines.
Their rust-resistant build, tested to meet ASTM safety standards, brings peace of mind.
Check your model number against compatibility since these 6.5 springs fit SWOPJD15X, SWJD15X.1, SWJDKS14B, and other models before ordering. When jumping fatigue sets in, restore bounce and tension with fresh springs.
- High quality
- Rust-resistant galvanized steel
- Meets ASTM safety standards
- Includes spring puller for easy installation
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only fits specific Skywalker models
- Doesn’t include full spring replacement
- May need professional installation
Factors to Consider When Choosing Trampoline Grease
When choosing trampoline grease, there are a few key factors to consider. You’ll want to select a grease that is compatible with the materials on your trampoline; opt for greases that offer longevity and durability for long-lasting lubrication; and look for an easy-to-apply formula that simplifies the maintenance process.
Keep these aspects in mind to find the ideal grease for your trampoline requirements.
Compatibility with trampoline materials
You should consider whether that grease will actually work with your trampoline parts, buddy. Choose a grease that is specifically made for the metals and plastics in your setup. Using the wrong type of grease can cause things to get sticky or allow rust to develop.
Look for greases that are compatible with steel springs and frames. Also, make sure it doesn’t make the pad sticky. Apply it thinly and evenly so that it stays in place, keeping things quiet and smooth.
The right grease for your trampoline will keep squeaks away for many seasons of peaceful bouncing.
Longevity and durability
Look for a grease that provides long-lasting lubrication and protects against wear and corrosion over time.
- Seek greases offering 12+ months of lubrication before reapplication is needed.
- Opt for all-weather, water-resistant formulas.
- Choose greases that maintain effectiveness across temperature fluctuations.
- Prioritize greases made to withstand oxidation and breakdown over extended use.
- Consider specialized greases for specific applications like high-impact pressure.
- Investing in a quality grease ultimately saves effort and money through enhanced longevity.
Ease of application
My friend, the easiest application comes concealed in cans of spinach, though night blindness may ensue. Efficient coverage calls for cotton swab access to hard-to-reach places; safety goggles and gloves guard curious digits.
Compatibility and viscosity determine the flow rate; thin synthetics slip smoothly into joints while thicker lubes require more elbow grease. For uninterrupted playtime, reapply grease twice annually. After cleaning sessions, remove gritty buildup.
With proper prep and prudent precautions, lubricating trampoline parts prevents injury and extends equipment lifespan through friction reduction at key contact points.
How to Apply Trampoline Grease
Removing the safety pads and reaching into the springs with gloved hands, carefully massage the specially formulated grease onto each coil for squeak-free bouncing. Greasing your trampoline should be done every 6 to 12 months for optimal performance.
Here are some key trampoline lubrication tips:
- Use a cotton swab or foam brush to apply grease inside the spring coils and around the metal connections.
- Focus on lubricating areas prone to squeaking like spring hooks, frame joints, and moving parts.
- Test bounce after application to ensure squeaks are eliminated. Reapply grease if any noise persists.
Proper lubrication prevents wear, rust, and annoying squeaks. With the right grease and technique, you can keep your trampoline quiet, smooth, and safe for jumping.
Maintaining your trampoline will extend its life and preserve the bouncing experience.
Why Are Some Trampolines Noisy and How to Prevent It?
Squeaks can crop up on your trampoline from dust buildup, dry springs, or moving parts rubbing together. To stop the annoying noises, apply a silicone or lithium-based grease to the springs and frame contact points every 6-12 months.
Use a cotton swab to carefully apply grease on the hook ends of each spring where they attach to the frame.
Check that the springs are evenly tensioned and the frame is properly aligned. Unevenness strains components and amplifies noise.
With routine greasing and tensioning, you can minimize noises from your trampoline.
Where Do Squeaky Trampoline Noises Come From?
Friction between dry metal parts as you bounce causes those annoying squeaky noises from your trampoline. The culprit is usually ungreased springs and frame joints. As you jump, the springs flex up and down, creating metal-on-metal stick-slip friction if they are not properly lubricated.
Frame joints can also rub together and vibrate during bouncing, producing squeaks without grease. The spring hooks that connect to the frame are common culprits, as well as the places where vertical legs join the horizontal frame pieces.
To eliminate the annoying noises, focus on lubricating the springs and frame joints with specialized trampoline grease. Regular reapplication is key for continued squeak prevention as you enjoy jumping.
How Does Grease Work to Stop Trampoline Springs Squeaking?
Nip squeaks in the bud by properly greasin’ those springs every few months—safeguard the bounce your young’uns love.
Grease Functionality: Trampoline grease serves as a protective barrier between metal surfaces, reducing friction and preventing squeaks. It ensures smooth movement between spring coils and frame joints.
Lubrication Benefits: The grease’s lubricating properties keep your trampoline’s components gliding effortlessly. This not only eliminates noise but also extends the life of your springs and frame.
Noise Prevention: By coating the spring connections and frame joints, grease acts as a noise-dampening agent, creating a quieter bouncing experience for all.
Rust Prevention for Trampoline: Grease also provides rust prevention, safeguarding your trampoline against corrosion caused by exposure to the elements. It keeps your trampoline looking and performing its best.
With the right grease and regular maintenance, your trampoline will remain a source of endless fun without those bothersome squeaks.
Trampoline grease is an essential part of trampoline maintenance, and it’s important to choose the right one for your trampoline. According to a survey, over 90% of trampoline owners experience squeaky noises due to lack of maintenance.
To prevent noises and enhance performance, consider factors like compatibility with trampoline materials, longevity, and durability, and ease of application when choosing the best trampoline grease.
There are several options available, such as Valvoline General Purpose Grease Cartridge, Multi-Purpose Grease Lubriplate, Lucas Oil Grease 14 Ounce Green, WD-40 Heavy Duty Grease, and Interflon Fin Super Aerosol Spray Cleaner Lubricant Protectant.
These options can help reduce noise and prolong the life of your trampoline if you follow the trampoline maintenance guidelines.